Monday, May 16, 2011

Ode to a Two Year Old

On Saturday, my youngest daughter, "C" turned two.  Below is my letter to her.

Dear C,

You are now two and thank goodness!  I am so happy to say that there are no more babies in this house nor will there ever be (at least coming from me!)  You are officially a toddler and a strong willed one at that.  You hold your own against your 6 1/2 year old sister and we all respect you for that.  You are quick to give a hug and love to be held.  I can't tell you how many times a day I hear the words "hold you" from you to be picked up.  And what do we do?  We pick you up because you are the baby of the family.  The next year holds many new experiences/challenges for you that will take you even further away from being a baby.  Some of which are to start going on the potty (we hope!) and giving up your binkie (we hope!)  We know that everything will be accomplished in your own time.

I am so thankful that you are not my first born.  Your sister made me a mom for the first time but I believe you have made me an even better mom.  You have taught me patience and comfort in the knowledge that I do not know everything there is to know about motherhood.  You see, your sister had me fooled.  She was such an easy baby that I thought this parenting stuff was no big deal, easy peasy.  You have taught me otherwise.  I now know to never judge another parent's decisions or actions because they too might have a Miss C in their midst.  And that is a good thing.

So, Happy Birthday, Miss C!  May God's Blessings shine on you today and always.

Love,
Mommy