Friday, March 18, 2011

Sick Day

Last night, M started to complain about her left eye hurting her.  I went to check and didn't see anything out of the ordinary so I told her to put a wet washcloth on it to see if that would help.  Well, a half an hour later it was still bugging her.  I went to check again and saw puss in her eye.  Sure enough she had the tell tale sign of pink eye.  Yuck.  I was lucky enough to get her into our doctor and get the prescription for eye drops.  I was able to get a couple drops in each eye last night and a couple more in her this morning.  Side note: to get eye drops into your little ones eyes quickly and painlessly, have them lay on their back with their eyes closed.  With their eyes close, administer the drops into the corner of each eye.  Then have them blink several times.  This works every time and a tip I learned from fellow parents.

So today is a sick day.  We are a runny noses, sleepy, generally crabby bunch of girls.  Yep, M, C and even I all have colds.  I thought I would post the following video to cheer us up and hopefully put a smile on your face.  It was taken using Photo Booth last Friday night when the girls were home alone with daddy.
While the cat's away, the mice will play...